I wanted to put an update on a couple of projects that I've finished up lately (knitting-wise).
Percy from Knitty: I've added a red star button but nothing more. It took forever to make; I've seriously been working on it for at least 6 months on and off. I learned that I dislike small needles (size US 2.5) and really repetitive patterns. But it's finally done, and I will actually use it. I used my neverending KOM fabric to line it.


Quant also from Knitty: I doubt I will ever actually wear this (it's a headband, fyi), but it was fun to make it, and entrelac is a cool technique.

The most recent project has been a purse for my mom's birthday. It's the Meema's Marsupial Purse from the original Stitch and Bitch. This was super quick to make and was also my first felting project, which worked wonderfully in my front load washer. The pictures have before and after for scale, though the after is the first felting, as I did a second round to get it a bit tighter. Since I'm a nerdy geologist, the ruler is for scale before and after.
Before:

After:

The reason for the "marsupial":
No comments:
Post a Comment