I'm glad this week has been better than last.
I had a meeting with my advisor, and it looks like my research is going to be solidly headed in the direction that I want it to go. I didn't have to do any convincing, and I'd totally prepared myself for a much more difficult discussion. Now he's gone for 6+ weeks, so I get to do a lot of my work with my less official advisor (but certainly advise giving).
I've got a weird thing going on with my left shoulder right now, actually more like my back on the left near the shoulder blade. It feels like there's some tight knot, but it's beyond my normal knot annoyance to an actual pin-pointed pain. Apparently, the one side is way tighter than the other. If only I could have a personal massage therapist. I'm trying to will it away right now, but we'll see. I don't know if this is biking related or more staring at a computer all day related. I've been using a back pack this year, so it isn't messenger bag strain. I've been getting such weird problems this year, switching from my cross/rain bike to my racing bike. My neck was going crazy due to the time trials, and my back has been weird due to the geometry differences from the bike. And yesterday, my foot start cramping while riding, for about 10 minutes. I've never had that happen before. I've had no knee problems or other leg problems, though, so that's good.
Apparently, I might be going camping in Montana next week, which is my spring break technically. Being a research graduate student, I don't really see the break as a real break but more of a time when campus is empty, and I can get more work done without any classes. But it will be nice to get a real break.
And the weekend brings Independence Valley and the Marymoor auction/dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment