Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bike List

In semi-chronological order, bikes I have owned since I started racing (~7 years ago):
  1. Trek 4500 - first mountain bike, one size too big
  2. Specialized Hard-Rock - early 90s colors, hand-me-down, commuter
  3. Gary Fisher Big Sur - correcly-sized mountain bike, sold last year
  4. Surly Crosscheck - fixed/free commuter, my first bike build (including wheels), given away first year of grad school
  5. Giant TCR 1 - first road bike, bought from Maryland teammate
  6. Fuji Track - replaced Crosscheck, raced one season at Marymoor, current commuter
  7. Redline Conquest Pro - bought before ever doing a cyclocross race
  8. Kona King Kikapu - newest mountain bike, bought off Ti teammate, unfortunately is barely used
  9. Raleigh prestige - hand-me-down, awesome road bike
  10. Abici Time Machine - red, white, and pink, hand-build wheels by me
1-5 were acquired in Maryland. 6-10 have come from Seattle and are currently used. The Giant frame is waiting to be sold on Craigslist. After that, I will no longer possess any East Coast bikes, though the Surly still is in my houshold and used, just not by me.

No comments: