Friday, November 16, 2007

Times are changin'

While looking for a magically cheap and light cross bike and/or wheels on Craigslist, I discovered that the fixed gear trend is apparently on its way out in Seattle. While all the posts were "Wanted: track bike" this summer, a good deal of the bike posts are now fixies being sold.
I discovered a few gems (in the vein of BikeSnobNYC):
I don't think I will ever understand Brooks saddles. Just, wow: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/478335739.html
This one is amusing, mainly for the handlebars: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/477221008.html
I actually find this one pretty (keep in mind I am the person with the red, white, and pink track bike): The link went down, apparently sold. The bike was white, with white Deep-Vs and pastel accents. But I don't understand the single-speed with only one brake. It makes sense on a fixed-gear, but I wouldn't trust a bike with only a front brake and a freewheel, no matter how cool it looks.

No comments: