I had a relaxing weekend. Got a ton of knitting done. I wussed out of riding on Saturday. I had gone to the U-District farmers' market for T-day stuff, and I got soaked on the way home. I wasn't super-thrilled at biking in that stuff, so I hung out on the trainer for 1.5 hours watching bad TV. Also, I was really pissed off because of an encounter coming home from the farmers' market: I biked over to it because I'm lazy but I bought so much that I had to walk myself and bike home. I was walking along 50th, and I had the bike to the road side of me. This woman was approaching me, going the opposite direction. She looked straight at me, and I smiled. Then she walked right into me and hit me with her purse that seriously felt full of bricks. My arm is still pretty sore. I was so just taken aback by the shear rudeness of hitting me with a purse, totally on purpose. After it happened, I yelled, as it really hurt, and she didn't even turn around, further showing me how much of an asshole she was. I watched her for a while, to see if she did it to anyone else. The only other person she passed was in a wheelchair, so I had no confirmation. I really dislike this kind of behavior. You hear about murders and war and all other human atrocities in the news, but this shit really makes me feel bad for humanity more than anything.
Anyway, other than that, my day was pretty boring. I skipped cross on Sunday because I didn't have a carpool buddy. I'm definitely doing the Wednesday practice. With the food being prepared the next day, I will need as much exercise as I can get.
Oh man, I am so tired of coding stuff right now. And my advisor just sent me an email about another computational methods class that he thinks would be great. Will I ever stop taking classes? Signs point to no. And here's an office shot because I know you care:
No comments:
Post a Comment