Last night was the worst cross practice of my life! I managed to fall as I went on the track. I was entering through one of the gates (during the laps), and some dude was trying to enter at the same time, so I went to the outside. Then I realized that the gate blocked my path, so as I came off the mud onto the track, I swerved and then BAM! It was one of those odd slow motion falls where I landed still in riding position, clipped in and with my hands on the hoods. I tore a huge hole in my shorts and have a beautiful track rash/bruise on my thigh that hurts like hell. It hurts enough that the huge, ugly bruise on my knee (from the fall also) doesn't seem to hurt at all. It was such a lame mistake on my part, though. Nothing else was damaged (except the ego).But then, a couple laps later, I went to jump onto my bike and sent my left foot through the wheel, which hurt. I was trying to follow a couple people on that lap, and I was having the hardest time keeping up with them. 1.5 laps later I couldn't get up one of the off-camber hills,so I stop. My wheel is totally out of true and rubbing, and there is a large kink in one of the spokes. So lame! But at least it explains why I couldn't keep up with anyone.
Pilates is going to suck tonight, that's for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment