Thanksgiving break went very well. The feast went off, and I was very well fed. There were 4 pies in the end, and everything was generally amazing. I made roast root vegetables (squash, beets, turnips, and potatoes (and garlic of course). This were purchased from the farmer's market, so they were my local dish, I guess, as were the mashed potatoes. We also provided two pumpkin and one peach-blueberry pie and a couple bottles of wine.
On Friday, we hiked up Mt. Si, the busiest trail on Earth. It was a long haul (8 miles round-trip, half up, half down), but the view was spectacular. I have a bad tendency of hiking the same speed as the people in front of me, whether I should actually be doing that pace or not. Basically, I should always hike behind the slow people, otherwise, I have trouble walking for the next couple days, let alone doing a cyclocross race.
Note that there was only sporadic snow/ice patches around the overlook. It was chilly but not too bad.
All in all, it was a decent weekend, though I probably should have gotten more work done. Definitely no Portland for me this coming weekend. This week I have a meeting with my advisor to look forward to. I also have to prepare to be a substitute lecturer on a topic that I really don't know. And then I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, where I will likely have to explain why my legs are covered in bruises. Oh fun. Maybe I can fit in a haircut somewhere, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment